It has been about eight months since Jose Marti Airport in Havana and the Cuban border was closed from the end of March 2020. But finally, the cuban government officially announced that the airport Jose Marti in Havana will be reopening at 00:00, on Sunday November 15th !!!
El Instituto de Aeronáutica Civil de Cuba comunica que se ha decidido reiniciar las operaciones aéreas comerciales, regulares y chárter en el Aeropuerto Internacional José Martí de La Habana, el próximo 15 de noviembre, a las 00 horas.
Many people including us have been waiting for this moment！
According to the news, tourists are required to take a measurement of temperature and PCR test at the airport.
In addition, the airport is taking the following measures to ensure that you can travel safely.
- Only travelers are allowed to enter the terminal. Accompanying persons will be allowed only for passengers with disabilities who need assistance and for minors who travel alone.
- All surfaces are thoroughly and clinically cleaned and disinfected, both inside the terminal building and outdoor areas.
- Alcohol-based hand sanitizer dispensers with appropriate signs are located in the different areas of the airport.
- The use of face masks is mandatory for all travelers and others inside the airport and on the aircraft.
- Mandatory to maintain physical distance of 1.5m between each person in the billing areas, passenger control, other public areas and lines.
- In all positions, customs personnel mandatory wear masks and gloves. For the higher risk positions use the protective face shield.
- All cargo and luggage, including hand luggage arrive to the Island, will be disinfected according to Public Health procedures.
- In Duty Free stores, cafes, restaurants and other points of sale, only a number of passengers will be allowed inside.
- Relatives or close friends of the passengers must wait at the portals in a reduced way, and parking will be regulated through the support of the PNR
Also, Cuba indicate a travelers to:
Avoid parties and other multi-unit events until they will have the results of their PCR and even during the five days after their arrival.
Now we are just waiting for hurricane season to be over and to begin high season for tourism in Cuba. From 15th of November, all of you are welcomed to “the Island of vacation”! Don’t hesitate to come! We will be waiting to see you soon !
Travel advise / tour reservation → firstname.lastname@example.org